Account Update Security
I recently decided to consolidate all of my various website accounts to be under one email address. I had previously had a personal email address for humans, and a separate email address for robots, webforms, and website accounts. After going back and forth on the usefulness of that setup, I decided to consolidate all emails under one single address and make that the catchall address for my Google Apps domain. The last step was to go back through all of my accounts (stored in KeePass) and update the email addresses to be specific to the domain of that site. The goal there being to periodically check my spam folder to see if I’d gotten spam from a particular username under my domain which would indicate that the site was selling my email address and shouldn’t be trusted.
Here’s the data I collected about the current account security settings for various websites: